Financial guidance for maturing adults without children.
Maximizing your paycheck in your 30’s and 40’s is a priority during this time when your income tends to rise. You may have discretionary income for travel and hobbies, and the challenge is to find the right balance between spending and saving. Our Consumer Bankers firmly believe that the financial decisions you make now will have the greatest impact on the lifestyle you will enjoy during retirement. It’s important to note that people are retiring earlier and living longer, and you may need more money in the future than you think!
Peoples Bank & Trust can help you stay on track with your long term financial goals with these suggestions:
Seeking the best mortgage or consumer loan by shopping, comparing and negotiating may save you thousands of dollars. A mortgage—whether for a home purchase, refinancing or a home equity loan—is a product, just like a car, so terms may be negotiable. You’ll want to compare all the costs involved in obtaining a mortgage including interest rates, points, fees and down payment and private mortgage insurance requirements. Home equity loans and lines of credit can be helpful when extra cash is needed to reduce significant credit card debt—but be cautious about re-building credit card debt once it is paid.
With competitive rates, experienced lending professionals and local decision-making, your Consumer Banker will be sure to find a loan that meets your needs.
- Fixed Rate Mortgages - Let Peoples Bank & Trust help you decide if a fixed rate or variable rate mortgage loan is best for your circumstances.
- Consumer Loans - Whether it’s time for a new vehicle, new appliances or home improvements, we’ll make it easy. We offer assistance with our simple application process, competitive rates and charges and automatic checking/savings deductions. Contact a Consumer Banker for more information.
- Second Mortgage Loans - If you would like to utilize the equity that you have in your home, but want a set payment, this could be the product for you. Contact a Consumer Banker for more information.
- Peoples Home Equity Line of Credit - Looking to utilize the equity in your home? Peoples Bank & Trust will provide you with a revolving line of credit to simplify your life. The line is a reusable line of credit with easy access to funds. There are no closing costs involved to obtain this line of credit. Contact a Consumer Banker for more information.
Tips for Effective Financial Management
- Understand what your credit report score means and take a pro-active role in monitoring it.
- Resist the urge to cut back on savings to meet rising expenses or accommodate other goals.
- Make sure your mortgage payment, including taxes and insurance, represents no more than 29 percent of your gross monthly income.
- Spend less than you earn—it’s the simplest way to stay free from all-consuming debt.